Tuesday, November 1, 2011

PreAPENGLISH 10: October 30-November 4

Greetings Jr. APEs!

I hope you have your narratives ready, because we will share them the first day of class this week. I can hardly wait to hear your stories!

We will have a quiz on lesson 8 vocabulary on Monday and Tuesday of next week. I will give you your handouts in class this week.


We will finish or begin, depending on your schedule, the film Amistad. Any student whose parent did not sign the permission form will complete the alternate assignment I have given you. the rest will write a paper based on the film. We will discuss organization of the paper in class.

We will also review comma rules and rules for semicolons this week. I will be at a workshop on Friday, so I will leave exercises on these rules for you with my substitute. I will also expect you to complete reading Mary Rowlandson's Narrative of the Captivty and Olaudah Equiano's Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano by next week. Any of these texts we do not finish in class will be assigned for homework.

As usual, we have a lot to do.

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments