Monday, November 21, 2011

Pre-APEnglish 10: November 21-22

Greetings Sophomores,

I hope you had a restful weekend. As you know, this is the week of Thanksgiving, so we will  meet only once this week. You will take your SAT vocabulary quiz on lesson 9 and you should study lesson 10 for next week.
I hope you have all uploaded your Amistad papers to my moodle. If not, I will keep the assignment open for late submissions until Friday. Check to make sure you have uploaded all your required work before Friday, since on that day I will close all open assignments and no more late papers will be accepted.

On our single class day, after the aforementioned quiz, we will discuss the two captivity narratives in your text book: The Narrative of the Captivity, by Mary Rowlandson, and The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano. Be sure to bring your books.

Next week we will have a short test on these two texts and begin a more in-depth look at the Puritan society. I would like to show the film The Crucible as a part of that unit. It is rated PG13.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving holiday, and keep safe.

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments