Monday, November 7, 2011

APEnglish Literature 12: November 7-11

Greetings APEs!

This is a B week, but unfortunately, we will still only meet twice. Friday is Veteran's Day and a school holiday. So while I am always grateful for rest, I also am saddened that our time is shortened. Because we will not be here Friday, our vocabulary quiz on the j-k words on Wednesday. 

As you know, we have been reading Othello, and will continue to do so this week. Bring your plays to class and prepare to discuss them thoroughly. In addition to our in-class reading of Othello, you should be reading the novel Atonement outside of class. You will be required to complete a MWDS and a timed essay on both, so do not neglect the assignment to read. You can find a copy of a blank MWDS on my Moodle. You will use all your completed MWDS to study for the AP Exam, so it does behoove you to complete them with care.

I'm excited to share with you some of the AP tips I learned at my conference! While I already adore poetry, I have been given a new tool to make it more accessible to you! I will return your comparative poetry essays (which were graded by a teacher from another school during conference) and discuss the poems using this new tool. The secret to understanding poetry is to realize its figurative nature, particularly the importance of imagery. Just thinking about looking at poetry this way fills me with anticipation!

Can't wait to see you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments