Tuesday, October 26, 2010

English 12: Oct. 25-29

Hello Students!
Hope your day with the substitute went well. I was, of course, getting much needed ActivBoard training, and now I can annotate what is being displayed from my Elmo! I also learned where to get some great resourses.

As usual, we'll be busy this week.
  • Monday we will read and discuss Beowulf's feats through the slaying of Grendel's mother. It's a very exciting story, but difficult to understand because of the form and archaic nature of the language. 
  • I'll also review the details of the Monaco Holiday Short Story Contest. You are welcome, but not required to enter this competition.
  • Moreover, we will review in more detail the expectations for your Heroic Boast. You will be presenting these in class on Thursday, so make them bold and entertaining!
  • Wednesday we'll review the lesson seven vocabulary. We'll also finish our reading of Beowulf and his battle with the dragon. In addtion to this, we'll review your quizzes on the Iliad.
  • Thursday, of course, is the big Boast. I can't wait to hear how wonderful you all are!

See you in class,

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments