Tuesday, October 19, 2010

English 12: Oct. 18-22

Well, one quarter is already passed. Grades come out soon. If they aren't what you were hoping, it's not to late to change the end result. Remember, participate in class, turn in every assignment, study, and try not to procrastinate, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

This will prove another busy week. My A Day classes will only see me once, since I have Promethean Board training on Thursday, so we'll have to work extra fast to get all our goals accomplished. Wish our winners luck in preparing for the regional competition in November!

  • We'll continue our study of Anglo-Saxon literature by reading and discussing Beowulf.
  • On the day I am away, you'll have a reading review and open book quiz on the epic The Illiad, so bring your text book. 
  • You'll also begin working on your own epic BOAST, so get creative and prepare to brag about yourselves. We'll present our boasts upon my return next week.
  • Don't forget the Beowulf/Mead-hall Intruder Song extra credit opportunity. You can do this in groups with your friends. I think it could be a lot of fun. If you make a video, we can watch it in class.
  • Also, don't forget that October is my tradition narrative-writing month. I'll be talking to you soon about a holiday narrative competition.
See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments