Tuesday, October 19, 2010

English 10 PreAP English: Oct. 18-22

Well, one quarter is already passed. Grades come out soon. If they aren't what you were hoping, it's not to late to change the end result. Remember, participate in class, turn in every assignment, study, and try not to procrastinate, and you will be rewarded for your efforts.

This will prove another busy week. My students will lose a day, with me, since Friday is the Poetry Out Loud Workshop. Wish our winners luck in preparing for the regional competition in November!

  • We'll finish up our Julius Caesar presentations and take a test on the parts of speech.
  • I'll be reviewing sentence structure with all my tenth grade classes.
  • We'll also read a number of Native American myths and compare them with other familiar stories.
  • On the days I am away, you'll have your first AP-style multiple choice practice with questions based on the play Julius Caesar.
  • Also, don't forget that October is my tradition narrative-writing month. I'll be talking to you soon about a holiday narrative competition.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments