Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Attention 10th Grade Students (and anyone else interested)

Hey everyone,

I have put the criteria for a special narrative competition on my GoogleDocs site. I am requiring all my sophomores to enter. I will grade your essays as well as submit them, so make your stories good.

As you may know, I have an October tradition of assigning short stories and reading them aloud in the last class. Sometimes the stories are "scary narratives" but scariness is not a requirement or even suggested.

This year, I would like the narratives to be suitable for submission to the Monaco Holiday Narrative Contest. So, whatever you choose to write, remember that it must have a character or characters and a significant holiday action or experience. Remember, if you are in my A Day classes, you will need your stories by next Thursday, October 28. B Day stories are due October 29.

You must bring two copies, one for me to grade and one without your name on it and with the appropriate information attached on a note card for mailing to the competition judges.

You do not have to be in my tenth grade classes to submit an entry, but tenth grade will be graded.

For complete contest rules and information, click on the link highlighted above.

Have fun writing! I cannot wait to hear your stories!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments