Monday, August 15, 2011

Week TWO PreAPEnglish 10: Aug. 15-19

Hello Sophomores!

We are now getting into the swing of things, and I expect that this week you will come prepared and ready to participate. I will be giving you several diagnostic tests to determine your current level of knowledge. Expect these in the coming few days. Bring your highlighters for a writing evaluation activity. I also have posted your summer reading assignments (and will repost the links here and here). I expect these to be completed by Friday, Aug 19. If you have not yet read your summer reading or have been unable to obtain a copy of the book, please use THIS LINK and THIS LINK to eTexts of the books and be sure to read them so that you can participate fully in class discussions and will be prepared to do any related assignments.

I also expect each of you to enroll in my Moodle course, where you will upload your finished take-home assignments. Please use the links on the left-hand side of my blog to guide you to the correct Moodle class and for instructions for registration.  My enrollment key is ncths223.

In addition to the diagnostic checks, we will have a class discussion of your summer reading and a vocabulary quiz on lesson 1. Be sure to review your words here.

I hope for us to begin a study of Julius Caesar this week, so expect that. I will tell you when you need to bring your literature books to class.

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments