Friday, August 26, 2011

APEnglish 12: Aug. 29-Sept. 2

Greetings APEs!

Welcome back from the weekend and HOORAY for B weeks! We get three whole classes together! I have so much planned that I am not sure we will be able to complete it all, but we will try.

First of all, remember that you have a vocabulary quiz on Friday. Study your thirteen D words only. We also need to finish our discussion of HtRLLaP and complete the assignment in the chapter "Test Case," which you should have done already. Yes, that's right. You must complete the essay assignment in the last chapter. And NO you cannot peek ahead to see what the professor's student wrote. Please bring a copy of your rough draft to class on Wednesday. We will do a revision activity involving highlighters, so bring those, too.
I also plan to complete at least on set of MC questions this week. Get your analytical eyes working and be prepared to really read. And that short story boot camp I mentioned last week, that's on the agenda, too. I'll be assigning several stories for you to read at home. We will read "Hills Like White Elephants" in class. I will give you a handout of "Clothes” By Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni to read for homework and prepare a group presentation on. I will also discuss the difference between literature of escape and or interpretation. Guess which one we will be reading most. 


Like I said, I hope we can fit it all in, and if we can't, there's always next week!


See you in class!


Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments