Tuesday, January 18, 2011

English 12: Jan. 18-21

Welcome back Seniors!

Hope you enjoyed your unexpected holiday. I know I did. Since you saw me last, I have a new, precious granddaughter.



For that reason, I will not be in Tues. and Wed. of this week. I'll be helping my daughter out while she recovers from surgery.


  • On Tues. you'll review the play Wit. Pay close attention to the theme of the play and to the references to Donne and his philosophy and metaphysical poetry. Also note the conversation between the protagonist and her professor. What important point about syntax is discussed? We'll talk about these things on Friday.
  • Speaking of Friday, I have several things planned. For starters, we'll discuss Wit. We'll read and discuss a couple of poems and texts by John Donne and talk about metaphysical conceits. We'll also read the opening chorus for Dr. Faustus
  • Over the next few weeks we'll be writing research papers. Don't forget to upload your topic to my Moodle. Here are instructions for registration.
 See you soon!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments