Tuesday, January 18, 2011

APEnglish Literature 12: Jan. 18-21

Welcome back APEs!

Hope you enjoyed your unexpected holiday. I know I did. Since you saw me last, I have a new, precious granddaughter.



For that reason, I will not be in Tues. and Wed. of this week. I'll be helping my daughter out while she recovers from surgery.

  • On Tues. you'll review the play Wit. Pay close attention to the theme of the play and to the references to Donne and his philosophy and metaphysical poetry. Also note the conversation between the protagonist and her professor. What important point about syntax is discussed? We'll talk about these things on Friday.
  • Speaking of Friday, I have more poetry planned. We will review the answers from the poetry questions on your midterm, fully analyze that mind-boggling ice-cream poem that had you all pulling out your hair, and of course, discuss Wit and Donne.
  • Don't forget that you need to read for homework. Expect a class discussion of an paper on Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man next week.

See you soon!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments