Tuesday, January 18, 2011

English 10 (All classes): Jan. 18-21

Welcome back Sophomores!

Hope you enjoyed your unexpected holiday. I know I did. Since you saw me last, I have a new, precious granddaughter.



For that reason, I will not be in Tues. and Wed. of this week. I'll be helping my daughter out while she recovers from surgery.



  • On Tues. you'll review the play The Crucible. Pay close attention to the theme of the play. It is not historically accurate, but was written to make a point. What do you think that point is? We'll talk about these things on Friday.
  • Speaking of Friday, I have several things planned. For starters, we'll finish and The Crucible. We'll read and discuss a couple of poems by the Puritan poet Edward Taylor and talk about metaphysical conceits. We'll also discuss the common themes in those poems
  • Over the next few weeks we'll be writing research papers. Don't forget to upload your topic to my Moodle. Here are instructions for registration.
 See you soon!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments