Sunday, February 26, 2012

APENGLISH 12: February 27-March 2, 2012

Greetings APEs!

This is a B week, so we get to meet three times! And we have so much to do during those meetings. On Tuesday, we will have our final allusions quiz. On Wednesday, we will have our quiz on the N and O words from your SAT word list. On both those days, we will read and discuss as much of Hamlet as is humanly possible.

As you know, I will be absent on Friday because I will be learning how to produce podcasts. I hope to incorporate this new skill into our classes in some way, either by making instructive podcasts or by having YOU make informative ones...or BOTH. While I am out, you will watch the first two acts of Hamlet produced by Kenneth Branagh. This version, in my opinion, while lengthy, is the best for AP students because it is complete, and unlike most other versions, does not cut the Fortinbras story line, which I consider invaluable in understanding Hamlet's shift in....oops, no spoilers. We'll discuss that in class!

See you soon!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments