Sunday, February 26, 2012

PreAPENGLISH 10: February 27-March 2, 2012

Greetings young APEs!

I can hardly believe that March is upon us! We have so little time to do so much! This week, I will be away on Thursday and Friday for podcast production training, which I hope to implement in our class this year. Some of you have learned this skill in Mrs. Jones' class this year, so you can help me teach those who don't have her class. I am considering using the format for research presentations, but may also incorporate in in some other way. 

Since graduation exams are just a few weeks away, in addition to our study of Age of Reason literature, including Patrick Henry's speech to the Virginia Convention and Thomas Paine's The Crisis, No. 1, we will continue with our language usage review. Expect a practice grad exam on the day I am out. I will grade the practice exam, so do your best. I will also use the results to find the areas that need more reinforcement before the real test. Last week we reviewed capitalization, apostrophe, comma, colon and semicolon rules. This week we will tackle misplaced modifiers, parallel structure, sequencing, and active/passive voice, most of which is review.

So much to do, so little time....

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments