Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week NINE APEnglish 12: October 3-5

Greetings APEs!

The last week of the first quarter is upon us! We meet but once in this truncated week, but I still have grand plans...or perhaps grand illusions for what we can accomplish. I want to discuss as many of the shorts stories on your list as I can. I also know we need to take two quizzes: vocabulary f-h and allusions. As promised, your short story boot camp will culminate in a writing assignment. Look over the topics and choose one before the holiday ends. Note the last choice is a topic of your own device. Make sure you submit this topic to me for approval before writing your paper.

Over the holiday, I expect you to read Mrs. Dalloway. It is an experiment in converging multiple steams of consciousness and may be difficult to follow, but I have confidence that you can sort it out. We will discuss the novel upon your return and will write an in-class, timed essay on it.

Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!

See you in class,

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments