Monday, October 17, 2011

APEnglish 12: October 17-21

Greetings Senior APEs!

This is an A week, so we will meet twice. We have a good bit to cover in that time, so let's not waste any.
You will be getting your report cards. If you are disappointed in your grade, consider that you may have failed to turn in your summer reading or some other assignment, which did have an effect on several people's grades. It is too late to turn in work from the first nine weeks, so do not ask.

I expect every student to register for Moodle, since I will require you to turn in assignments on Moodle from time to time. If you do not have a computer or internet access at home, please see me about scheduling time to stay after school and use a school computer or make time to visit the public library.  If you have difficulty logging on, please submit your name and birthday to me so that I can have your password reset. I will email the person in charge of setting up Moodle with student names on Friday, so if you have not told me of your difficulty by then, I will presume you are registered or that you have chosen not to follow instructions. Assignments that are to be submitted to Moodle will NOT be accepted in any other format. Please submit all assignments as .rtf files.

This week you will be busy. On Tuesday, your rough drafts for your short story analysis essays are due. Bring THREE copies to class. You will also be writing a timed essay on Mrs. Dalloway on Tuesday. Since timed essays are only forty minutes, you should have time for both activities. Your revised final draft must be uploaded to Moodle by Oct. 21, and your Major Works Data Sheets for Mrs. Dalloway are to to be uploaded to Moodle by Friday, Oct. 21.

You will have a vocabulary quiz on your I words on Friday. On this day we will also begin reading Othello, which pairs thematically with the next novel I expect you to read, Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments