Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PreAPENGLISH 10: October 11-14

Greetings Sophomores,

I hope you are well rested after the fall break. We have lots planned for this week, which will wind up the first quarter. You have your Julius Caesar presentations, of course, and I am looking forward to your creative work. B day class will meet three times, and A only once, so if your class doesn't get to everything planned, be not dismayed, for your time will come next week.

I hope to review some of your Obama speech papers to highlight what some of you did very well and what needs more work. I saw some common problems, but overall I was very pleased with your revisions.

I will also be asking you to do some grammar exercises based on some of your writing errors. We will review sentence structure, including types of phrases, clauses, and sentence construction. In the coming weeks we will also review the rules for agreement.

And we will finally sink our teeth...erm...our eyes...we will read and discuss some of the earliest American literature. I will tell you when to bring your literature books.

Since A day won't have enough class time for a quiz, I will post vocabulary in the next blog, and everyone will have that quiz next week.

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments