Monday, September 26, 2011

APEnglish: September 26-30

 Greetings APEs!

Heavens! This year is veritably dashing past us! I can hardly believe that fall break starts next week and that the first quarter will be over in just two school weeks!

We are still participating in a short story boot camp. So many important things interrupt, and I do believe they were as valid, so I am not concerned. As you already know, this reading workout will culminate in an analytical essay based on one or a combination of the stories we have read. The next stories we read will be "Fifteen Minutes in the Life of Larry Weller," which I will give you in a handout, "Miss Brill," found on page 134 of your texts, "The Cask of Amontillado," pg. 528, "A Rose for Emily," pg. 81, "The Yellow Wallpaper," pg. 588, and "I Stand Here Ironing," pg. 608." We will also read the story "Once Upon a Time." Please come prepared to discuss each of these stories. (Add to your list "The Jilting of Granny Weatherall," which is an excellent example of stream of consciousness writing and a great complement to "I heard a Fly Buzz when I died," the poem we read in class last week.)


Speaking of class and poetry, this week marks the class competition for Poetry Out Loud. I'm sure you all have selected great poems to recite. I can't wait!

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments