Monday, March 28, 2011

APEnglish 12: March 28-April1, 2011

Greetings APEs!

I hope you had a great weekend. I have your timed essays on my desk as I type. I know requiring two essays in one class is a challenge, but it is the best way to prepare you for the constraints of the AP exam, which will be upon us before we know it. I hope to get those graded quickly and back to you.

As you know we have been reading The Importance of Being Earnest, which is something of a farce/comedy of manners. A genuine comedy of manners would be a bit more subtle in it's humor, but like this play, would satirize society and social mores. We should finish the play this week and move on to a day of poetry analysis on Friday, so bring your Perrine's literature books that day. I will delay an essay on the play until next week and will likely assign two essays again, one from the play, and one on a poetry selection. Expect these essays on Wednesday of next week.

Also, continue with your at-home reading of The Heart of Darkness. We will begin our class discussion of the novella next Friday.

See you in class,

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments