Monday, January 28, 2013

January 28-February 1

Greetings Students!

I was so glad to be back with you Friday after my several days of training! Congratulations, Sophomores, on your fantastic job on the PLAN test! I am immensely proud of you.

As for the STAR test, we'll all need to take it seriously. I will associate the next STAR reading test with a grade no matter which class you are in.

Now for this week's plans:

Pre-APEnglish 10

This week we will continue our study of Puritan Literature and review the play The Crucible. I have posted several important links on Edmodo. One is a psychological theory, KOHLBERG'S STAGES OF MORAL DEVELOPMENT, which we will use as a lens through which to examine the play. Another is a list of topics for an essay on the play, many of which contain the aforementioned theory as a point of discussion. The rough drafts of these essays will be due on Monday, February 4. I've also posted and excerpt from The Wonders of the Invisible World, which is a court document from the Salem Witch Trials.

I have also uploaded your vocabulary for this week to Edmodo. Be sure to study lesson 11 for next Monday, by request, since several will be out on Friday.

English 12 

This week we will review the play Macbeth and see which elements classify it as a Shakespearean Tragedy. We will also begin reading the play Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe. This play is the namesake for all subsequent Faustian tales.

I have uploaded your lesson 11 vocabulary for Friday. We will review your words this week.

UPDATE: I need you all to be more cooperative in class. I am sorely disappointed in the lack of participation and lack of attention, particularly during fifth period. I will assign seats and call parents if necessary.

APEnglish Literature and Composition

This week we will read and discuss as much of Hamlet as possible. On Tuesday you will have a guest speaker from a college, so give her your undivided attention. I have posted lesson 56 vocabulary on Edmodo; your quiz will be on Friday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments