Monday, January 30, 2012

Pre-APENGLISH 10: Decemnber 30-February 3

Greetings young APEs!
I trust you had a restful weekend. We have SO much to do this week that I am not sure we can accomplish everything. But before I begin, let me remind you that you were to have uploaded a Major Works Data Sheet for the novel The Scarlet Letter last week, but half of you have FAILED to do so. I will be magnanimous enough to leave the assignment open until Friday, but after that day, NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED. It is IMPERATIVE that you complete and turn in assignments. Not doing so will result in a poor grade. This assignment counts as an essay grade, which is heavily weighted, so please do not neglect it. 

That having been said, let us move on to more pleasant matters: our tasks for the week.

Last week we began a multiple choice activity on excerpts from The Scarlet Letter. This week we will finish this activity in small groups. We will have a class discussion of Arthur Miller's The Crucible, a discussion of The Scarlet Letter, and a writing assignment on each, on in class, and the other to be done at home and uploaded to Moodle. I will give you more information on these assignments later in the week and will update my blog to reflect that information.

In addition to the MC activity and discussion and writing, we will have a test review for the Puritan period. That test will be next week. We will also have a quiz this week on lesson 12. I will give you a handout of the words for that lesson.

See you in class!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments