Monday, April 11, 2011

Mrs. SO's Classes: April 11-12

Greetings Students!

Since this week has just one day per class, I will address all of you in one post.
First, let me wish you a safe and restful spring break. I hope you all have fun and get all the things you need to get done done. I know that my time off will be busy catching up with school things that slipped in my recent illness.

This week in my tenth grade classes we will finish our study of Poe and our discussion of the symbolism in his "Fall of the House of Usher." If time permits, we will move on to some poetry by William Cullen Bryant and discuss how his poetry fits into genre of American Romanticism.

In my twelfth grade classes, we will finish our study of Frankenstein.  I've decided to hold off on the test on Paradise Lost and Pilgrim's Progress until after the break, since I think you are apt to forget some of the material over the holiday. Expect a quick review of those works and a test upon your return.

APE's, you've not been forgotten. On Tuesday we will be highlighting essays to check our ratio of assertion to evidence to commentary. Bring highlighters if you have them. We will also begin our discussion of Heart of Darkness in earnest, so be prepared.

See you in class,

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments