Monday, November 29, 2010

English 12: November 29-December 3

Greetings Seniors!

I trust you had a fun and filling holiday. I also trust that you are rested and ready for a busy week.

  • On Monday we will finish our presentations on The Canterbury Tales. I understand why some of you were absent last Friday, and I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. It is difficult to lose a loved one so near the holidays. My thoughts are with you and Tyrell's family. Because of the funeral, I will be giving those who missed presentations on Friday the opportunity to make them up.
  •  
  • After we complete presentations, which should not take the entire block, we will resume our studies of Medieval British literature with an overview of history of the time period. We will then begin our study of King Arthur and the legends surrounding this King. These are some of the most interesting and exciting tales in British literature, and I am sure you will enjoy them. 
  •  
  •  We will also begin discussing research papers, which will be due early next semester. I will review with you MLA format, how to cite internally and on a works cited sheet, how to make bibliography cards and note cards, and where to find legitimate sources. 

As I said earlier, all this makes for a busy week. I look forward to seeing you!

Mrs. SO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments